Save the Date(s): More Details for BZF 2014
Now that the Exhibitor List is up, we can tell you even more about the Brooklyn Zine Fest 2014. This year’s two-day event, running from 11am to 6pm on Saturday, April 26th and Sunday, April 27th, will feature:
– Two days of self-published magazines, with an entirely different roster each day
– 150 writers, artists, and publishers from Brooklyn & beyond (75 per day)
– Panel talks in the regal Othmer Library on Brooklyn Historical Society’s second floor
– A Student Section showcasing the next generation of zine makers
– The return of Brooklyn Brain Frame, a local edition of Chicago’s live comics event
– The Volunteer Library Brigade providing mobile library services and reference help
– And more to be announced!
Mark your calendars now! Named the “Best Reassurance That Print Will Survive” by The Village Voice, this yearly expo brings the best, weirdest, and most reasonably priced zines from their creators’ poorly lit apartments to the hungry hearts of New York’s print lovers.
Photo by Steve McFarland